ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conduct long-term wind resource and energy production assessments:
- Analyzing wind and other climatic data and operational wind farm production and performance data (40%),
- Inspecting sites and measurement equipment (5%),
- Performing wind flow modeling (10%),
- Assessing site conditions for turbine suitability (5%),
- Predicting wind farm energy production (20%),
- Conducting statistical uncertainty analyses (5%),
- Writing technical reports and communicating results to clients (15%).
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred.
- Aptitude in the statistical analysis of data
- Strong MS Office Word/Excel skills.
- Strong overall computer skills and ability to learn multiple software tools
- Thorough knowledge of various mapping tools and map formats
- Comprehensive understanding of wind flow principles
- Proficiency with WindFarmer and WAsP a plus
- Advanced Excel skills with macros and pivot tables is a plus.
- Understanding of wind energy industry measurement techniques and standards
- Coding skills and experience preferred, especially languages such as R, Python, VBA, and/or C#
FUNDAMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS: The characteristics listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time,
- Ability to write technical reports and commercial correspondence,
- Ability to present technical information clearly and concisely.
- Proven Health, Safety and Environmental mindset
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering, atmospheric science, or mathematics field. With a 3.5 GPA or higher. (Required)
- Advanced degree is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit for long periods of time when working in the office.
- Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day.
- Most frequently working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.