Provide engineering support to lead engineers with project design, management, and construction administration services in a rewarding team environment.
· Assist with, and manage with oversight, projects from programming through construction.
· Assist Engineers and other project team members with daily project tasks to successfully complete projects.
· Perform engineering calculations as required using state of the art software applications, including building heat loads, mass and energy balances, pipe/duct hydraulics, CFD modeling, pipe stress analysis, equipment selection, chemical compatibility evaluations, etc.
· Review and interpret codes, regulations, and standards and implement into design under guidance of engineering mentor.
· Meet project schedules and deliverable commitments, both internally and externally.
· Attend project and client meetings.
· Develop designs from concept through construction including studies, reports, equipment layouts, pipe routing, details, and specifications.
· Design P&ID’s and generate 2D equipment layouts and other components of process piping systems in conjunction with Designers.
· Generate/populate equipment data sheets.
· Check and correct drawings and associated project paperwork as required.
· Present and coordinate design changes and/or issues with both internal and external team members.
· Travel, both domestic and international, for extended periods of time may be required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical(or graduating within 6 months)
· Familiarity with governing codes including IMC, UMC, IFC, IBC, UPC, NEC, etc.
· Experience with AutoCAD, MS Office, and Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam
· Excellent communication, time management, and organization skills
· Able to work as both part of a team and independently, and sometimes with little to no direction or supervision
· Able to interface with and communicate with clients and other outside design professionals
· Familiarity with Process and Mechanical systems and design.
· Experience with Pipe-Flo a plus
· Experience with industrial facility operations and knowledge of industrial equipment a plus, particularly in semiconductor or other high technology environments.