*Posted December 18th 2017
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of design drawings, diagrams, charts, databases plans and permits under the supervision of a professional engineer. Development of proposals for impacts and performing preliminary and final designs and/or prepares design criteria for assigned projects.
- Assists in the preparation of standards, equipment specifications, design procedures, test procedures as it relates to the standardization and engineering policies and practices. Reviews and provides assistance in the evaluation and recommendation for job safety procedures.
- Coordinates and provides a variety of technical information under the guidance of a professional engineer to customers by contacts with personnel to include inter and intra departmental administrative, engineering and construction personnel, other government agencies, contractors, consultants and the public to exchange information, coordinate work, answer questions and respond to complaints.
- Use computerized software programs, ink or pencil drafting to prepare drawings and maps to provide technical advice and guidance to assigned work or project. Develop, analyze and generate technical reports, correspondence and official documents.
- Assist in the preparation of preliminary, periodic and final estimates of quantities, materials, equipment, labor and facilities for the preparation of budgets, programs, schedules, partial and final contract payments and other purposes for various projects.
- Conduct field inspections of work done by contractors to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Draft and recommend contract change orders and payments for approval.
- Perform statistical analysis to ensure specifications are within established guidelines.
See full job post: