First Solar, Inc. is looking for a highly motivated individual to support First Solar’s U.S. Government Affairs legislative and regulatory activities as a contractor in the Eastern U.S. First Solar is a U.S.-based manufacturer of solar PV modules and installer of utility-scale systems throughout the U.S. As one of the largest solar developers in the U.S. with development activity throughout the continental states, this position offers a rare opportunity to engage in a broad set of policy issues and jurisdictions affecting the rapidly growing solar industry. The position will be located in First Solar’s Houston office.
- Managing legislative and regulatory developments in selected states
- Provide regular reports and analysis regarding state-level policy developments to internal stakeholders
- Track and assist with regulatory filings
- Manage database of legislative and regulatory issues and provide up to date information regarding priority legislative and regulatory developments
- Assist with drafting testimony for legislative and regulatory hearings
- Participate in trade association meetings for select states
- Maintain updated contact information for public officials, staff and other decision makers.
- Maintain updated list of key Congressional and legislative districts information.
- Other policy and market development research tasks identified by the Government Affairs management team
For more information, click here.