Position: Account Manager
Location: Austin, TX
About: CivicSolar is the leading national solar equipment distributor in the U.S. CivicSolar distributes a full range of solar equipment to over 3,500 contractors throughout the United States, Caribbean, and Latin America, enabling solar installers to easily and cost-effectively design, sell and install solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. Civic accelerates the adoption of solar and advanced energy technologies by delivering quality equipment, engineering, financing, and competitive pricing for every job. CivicSolar differentiates itself through a service-oriented culture and technology platform which helps deliver higher reliability, efficiency, and responsiveness from offices in Oakland, CA, Boston, MA, and Austin, TX.
Job Summary: We are looking for solar sales candidates who are passionate about solar photovoltaic technology (PV) and exhibit our core values. The Account Manager position affords successful candidates an opportunity to learn the solar industry from the ground up, contributing to the deployment of solar technology on homes and businesses by forming lasting relationships with solar installers and supporting their business in local communities throughout the U.S.
Day to Day: Your day-to-day will be spent working with an array of passionate solar installers as they work to design, procure equipment and successfully install solar PV systems on homes and commercial rooftops, and large-scale solar farms. To be successful in the Account Manager role, you should be a results-driven problem solver, self-motivated, unafraid of challenges, an astute decision maker, and an overall team player. A great plus is you also have 1-2 years of sales and/or solar experience and an interest to succeed in an inside sales environment. We are looking for teammates who are intellectually bright, continuously strive for improvement, possess integrity, and want to make a positive impact.
Ideal candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Natural Sciences, or equivalent.
- Experience with solar systems/projects.
- Desire to become a domain expert in PV system design.
- Proven communication skills – verbal and written.
- Detail orientation with strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer application and web-based skills.
- Ability to build meaningful customer relationships and close sales orders.
- Willingness to learn new technical expertise, policy, and product knowledge and take on new challenges.