City of Austin, Active Transportation Program
*closes on 8/5
Apply online here
|Posting Title||Project Coordinator|
|Job Requisition Number||COA078480|
|Division Name||Active Transportation Program|
Licenses or Certifications:
|Notes to Applicants||The Austin Transportation Department’s Active Transportation and Street Design Division within the City of Austin has an opening for a full-time Project Coordinator to assist with efforts to implement the Vision Zero Action Plan with a focus on pedestrian and bicycle safety.|
The Austin Transportation Department, Active Transportation and Street Design Division is responsible for improving conditions for walking and bicycling in the City of Austin through bicycle and pedestrian planning, design, education and encouragement.
The Project Coordinator will support policy implementation, planning efforts and programs called for in the Vision Zero Action Plan. In service to Vision Zero goals, this position will support performance measures related to implementation of the Imagine Austin Comprehensive Plan, the Community Health Improvement Plan, the Bicycle Plan, and the Urban Trails Plan, as they relate to improving conditions for walking, bicycling and connecting to and from transit.
|Pay Range||$27.34 – $35.41|
|Hours||Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm.|
*Hours may vary depending on departmental needs and initiatives
|Job Close Date||08/05/2018|
|Type of Posting||External|
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position||Not Applicable|
|Location||3701 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin Tx 78703|
|Preferred Qualifications||• The ideal candidate is passionate about active transportation, has an in-depth understanding of best practices, is comfortable with flexibility, and is able to work in a fast-paced working environment.|
• This position requires managing multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to shift from one project to another without sacrificing quality.
• The ideal candidate will be able to prepare data analyses, track performance measures, create exhibits to be used in public engagement, and other analytical and visualization tasks.
• A strong knowledge of transportation policies, agencies and projects will be necessary for this position.
• This position requires frequent and ongoing communication with multiple ATDdivisions, other City Departments, as well as agencies, organizations and individuals outside the City of Austin.
• Must have the ability to read, write, and fluently speak English
• The position requires experience/knowledge in the field, excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to public groups and excellent computer skills
• Participation in related national associations, and an in-depth knowledge of national best practices in active transportation (walking and bicycling)
• Prefer knowledge/experience with NACTO Street Design Guide; NACTO Transit Street Design Guide; AASHTO Guide for the Development of Bicycle Facilities; AASHTO Guide for the Planning, Design, and Operation of Pedestrian Facilities; the City of Austin Bicycle Master Plan, and City of Austin Sidewalk Plan
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities||Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.|
Responsibilities– Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.|
|Does this job require a criminal background investigation?||This position does not require a criminal background investigation|
|EEO/ADA||City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.|
|Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within||the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Minimum Qualifications for the Project Coordinator position requires graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field related to engineering, planning, architecture or related field plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture or related work. Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years. Do you meet these requirements?
- * Do you have experience in developing policy and programs to improve conditions for walking and bicycling through bicycle and pedestrian planning, design, education and encouragement programs.
- Extensive in a large city
- Extensive in a mid-size to small city/township
- Similar experience in the field
- * Do you have experience working with large data sets and software tools such as ESRI ArcGIS, Pedestrian Bicycle Crash Analysis Tool (PBCAT) and Micro Strategies?
- * Summarize your related prior experience, why you are interested in this position, the skills that you bring to this position and why you are the ideal candidate to fill this position?(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience participating in national collaborative activities/meetings such as: National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO), the Transportation Research Board (TRB), or the Institute of Traffic Engineers (ITE)?
- Yes with all
- Yes with 2
- Yes with 1
- * List affiliations or memberships with relevant industry-related organizations or other professional groups.(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter