Apply online here
Design Engineer – Building Technologies – Austin, TX
Division: Building Technologies (BT)
Business Unit: Region Americas
: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Level Required: Associate’s Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/building-technologies.html
Siemens is seeking a Design Engineer to join our team. This office-based position is responsible for designing building automation systems that are sold by sales groups all over the country, using company tools and standards. This is a great opportunity to help be a pioneer in a new market that has high career and personal growth potential. This role will be based in Austin, TX.
A relocation package will be provided for qualified candidates.
- Produce Product Submittals for Projects
- Mechanical System Layouts
- Network Diagrams
- Electrical Wiring Diagrams
- Bill of Materials
- Sequence of Operations
- Valve and Damper Schedules
- DDC Panel Layouts
- Cost Re-estimates
- Participate in Sales/Field/Completion Project Turnovers
- Select, Order, and Track Material
- Analyzes and Complies with Contract Documents
- Consults with Engineers, Contractors, Vendors, Project Managers, and Technicians
- Mentors Engineering Assistants and Engineer I’s
- Author and Track Requests For Information (RFI)
- Oversees the creation of system graphics
- Recognizes commonalities in designs to create standardized systems that can be reused in future building automation systems
- Work in an efficient and organized manner.
- Maintain project visibility to peers.
- Analyze workload and report/adjust schedule changes appropriately.
- Participate in technical review of system design and documentation.
- Keep neat and organized work environment.
- Be receptive to criticism and review by others.
- Effective and timely communication.
- Effective management of time.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in related field
- 2 – 3 years work experience
- Experience with sales estimation
- Experience reviewing design drawings
- Experience reviewing building plans and specifications
- Required Travel: 5-10%
- Required knowledge/skills:
- Must be able to design small to medium standard jobs with some deviation using standard tools, products, or practices
- Thorough understanding of Low Voltage Control Systems and Electromechanical Devices
- Thorough understanding of Mechanical Systems
- Advanced Operation of AUTOCAD and Microsoft Excel
- Thorough understanding of IP Networking
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and interfaces.
- Attention to Detail
- Clear and Accurate Written Communication
- 2+ years Engineering Experience Specific to DDC
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred: 2 or 4 year degree; 5 years BAS experience
- Preferred knowledge/skills:
- Control Design and Review
- Industry Specific Certifications / Training
- Comfortable with Technology
- Previous Experience with Siemens Products
- Previous Field Experience
- Previous Experience with Projects (Scope/Size/Type)
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations.