Apply online here
|Posting Title||Energy Market Analyst|
|Job Requisition Number||AE501675|
|Division Name||Power Supply & Market Ops|
Licenses or Certifications:
|Notes to Applicants|
|Pay Range||$38.60 – $51.01|
|Hours||Mon. – Fri.|
8:00AM – 5:00PM
Additional hours might be needed based on project.
|Job Close Date||07/29/2018|
|Type of Posting||External|
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position||Not Applicable|
|Location||721 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, TX 78704|
|Preferred Qualifications||1. Master/PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering.|
2. Experience and understanding of the ERCOT Nodal Market or other nodal power markets including Day Ahead and Real Time Market Operations as well as nodal market shadow settlement.
3. Working experience and proficiency with software development using Java programming language.
4. Experience with Oracle database design, SQL development, and database administrations.
5. Ability to work on call on a 24×7 rotating basis to support real-time computer applications.
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities||Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.|
Responsibilities– Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.|
|Does this job require a criminal background investigation?||This position requires a criminal background investigation|
|EEO/ADA||City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position requires graduation from an accredited four-year college or university, plus three (3) years experience in a related field. A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job may substitute for experience up to one (1) year. A PhD. from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job may substitute for experience up to two (2) years. Do you meet these minimum requirements?
- * Are you able to work on call on a 24×7 rotational basis?
- * This position requires the use of an ERCOT Digital Certificate (EDC) and, therefore, will require a Security Review to determine if the candidate meets all the requirements for issuance of the EDC. Do you consent to a Security Review?
- * If identified as the top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background investigation?
- * Please describe your experience with ERCOT Protocols, Planning, and Operating Guides. If none, indicate N/A as this question requires a response.(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience with java, jsp, web services, and configuration of web server applications.(Open Ended Question)