Lead Ford Smart Mobility’s engagement in day-to-day strategy and execution for city and regional projects. Work with business stakeholders, public agencies, community members, and Ford partners to identify, build, and launch projects that solve urban mobility challenges, support economic development, enhance local placemaking, and improve the quality of life.
Prioritize and develop business opportunities by city:
- Deploy projects that advance “now” Ford business priorities (i.e. microtransit, curb management, urban data platform, AV, EV, V2X, et al)
- Advise development of “near” and “far” vision and opportunities for Ford, particularly living streets and the City of Tomorrow from both a product and policy perspective
- Partner with internal business owners to develop, articulate and implement viable business models
- Develop key metrics to measure success for both Ford and local stakeholders
- Participate in the Ford Smart Mobility planning process to inform the selection and prioritization of new city and regional opportunities
- Own and maintain key contacts with individuals and organizations, a local/regional stakeholder map, and key events in the region.
Become the trusted partner – consult with cities regularly to continue discovery of their unmet mobility needs:
- Identify and engage key stakeholders in targeted cities to qualify opportunities
- Develop strategies for public-private partnerships and municipal procurement of Ford’s emerging mobility services (including unsolicited bids, RFPs, and pilot partnerships)
- Provide guidance and insight to project leads on local public policy and regulatory issues
Enhance Ford’s external mobility profile:
- Support effective interface with Ford stakeholders (i.e., Ford Mobility, Greenfield Labs, Government Affairs & Community Relations, Strategy, Ford Fund, Ford Land, et al)
- Develop thought leadership opportunities with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relevant networks by attending, hosting, and presenting at various city and mobility-related forums
- Travel regionally up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of public or private sector experience in transportation, policy, planning, civic technology, economic development, or a mobility-related field
- Existing network with the urban planning community, municipal governments, technology providers, real estate/developers, and public and private sector transportation operators
- Experience developing solutions to address the wide range of challenges that cities face that impact physical and socio-economic mobility
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with the ability to modify for different audiences
- Comfortable spending one day co-hosting a mobility-focused roundtable at a local incubator and the next deep-diving into zoning regulations with a regional planning commission.
- Comfortable working with technical product teams to learn and understand cutting-edge products. Sufficiently conversant in technology to understand which relationships are a ‘fit’ for which product teams.
- Experience working laterally across multiple business projects simultaneously
- Financial and business model acumen with a preference for prior budget or P&L ownership
- Ability to effectively navigate complexity within the business and public sectors
- Bias for action – identifies and acts on both short- and long-term goals in achieving results
- Comfortable with ambiguity – remains focused in spite of unexpected challenges; continues to seek a path forward;
- Ability to self-direct and act proactively to execute on key objectives
- Capacity for designing creative solutions. Developing new templates to engage, identifying new models for effective contracting, and/or elevating new models that may be a fit for one or more products to be deployed in a community.
- Empathetic listener, skilled in translating customer needs into well-designed solutions
- Strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis – able to translate strategic plans into executable actions
- Experience in preparing or responding to public funding opportunities
- Understanding of federal funding processes, local procurement, etc.
- Master’ degree/MBA in process or completed
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Mobility Strategist – Miami: http://bit.ly/2Ok333S
Mobility Strategist – Dallas: http://bit.ly/2x7kvRP
Mobility Strategist – LA: http://bit.ly/2x3NLtG
Mobility Strategist – Midwest: http://bit.ly/2MnR97A
Senior Program Manager: http://bit.ly/2MqAe4e