CleanTX is a non-profit organization based in Austin Texas whose mission is to accelerate the growth of the cleantech industry in Texas through information exchange, thought leadership, and strategic partnerships. Founded in 2006, The CleanTX community encompasses over 250 companies and an active ecosystem of entrepreneurs, nonprofits, and regional partners.
CleanTX supports cleantech innovation and adoption by: (1) Providing avenues for networking, education, and information exchange among industry and community stakeholders; (2) Facilitating strategic partnerships to launch forward-looking economic development initiatives; and (3) Promoting the growth of the cleantech industry in Texas through increased visibility, thought leadership, access to talent, and connections to local, state and national leaders.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of CleanTX. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading CleanTX in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of CleanTX, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget and payment approval matrix, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support CleanTX’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of CleanTX’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that CleanTX can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of CleanTX’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of CleanTX operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
Requires a weekly commitment of at least 20 hours per week.
1.) Planning and operation of annual budget.
2.) Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
3.) Serving as CleanTX’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
4.) Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance CleanTX’s Mission.
5.) Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of CleanTX.
6.) Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
7.) Strategic planning and implementation.
8.) Assisting with drafting white paper reports.
9.) Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
10.) Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
11.) Review and approve contracts for services in accordance with Payment Approval Matrix
Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong fundraising background and extensive knowledge of nonprofit fundraising strategies and donor/investor relations
- Genuine care and interest in the advancement of clean technology
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Two or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Experience in marketing, communications and public relations
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of CleanTX’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Experience in research and publications
- Experience drafting grant applications
- Located within the Austin-metropolitan area with reliable means of transportation
$2,000/month plus commission from sponsorship and grant revenue acquired
This is a work-from-home position that will require non-reimbursable travel within the Austin area.
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume and list of references to:
*This is a 1099 Contract position, no benefits are provided, and pay is subject to CleanTX’s Minimum Bank Balance Policy.
*Applicants will need to pass a credit and background check.