Apply online here
|Posting Title||IT Project Manager Sr. (Business Relationship Manager)|
|Job Requisition Number||AE501676|
|Division Name||Information Technology|
|Minimum Qualifications||Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus six (6) years of experience in a related field|
Experience may substitute for education for up to 4 years
Master’s Degree in a related field may substitute for two (2) years of experience
Licenses or Certifications:
|Notes to Applicants||IMPORTANT INFORMATION|
• To be considered, all relevant employment information must be included in your on-line application. Any information not included in your on-line application will not be considered.
|Hours||Monday through Friday|
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – 40 Hour Work Week
May occasionally work evenings, weekends or holiday. Work hours may change based on business needs.
|Job Close Date||08/12/2018|
|Type of Posting||External|
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position||Not Applicable|
|Location||721 Barton Springs Road|
|Preferred Qualifications||This senior level position will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer at Austin Energy and will have the following primary duties:|
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities||Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.|
1. Direct and manage enterprise/corporate level information technology project development from beginning to end including highly complex or at risk projects submitting proposals, and recommend subsequent budget, scope and schedule changes and/or contingency plans where necessary
2. Develop project scope, cost estimates, human resource requirements, work plans, time schedules, communication plans, and makes work assignments to meet complex project or program objectives
3. Write Request For Proposals for external services and manage contracts and vendor performance, deliverables, and payments
4. Develop full scale complex project plans and associated communications documents, identify and manage project dependencies and critical path, and track and report on project milestones and deliverables
5. Develop written business requirements and models
6. Provide leadership in discussions of project management department goals and objectives with IT senior management
7. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals and where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the City of Austin
8. Define the project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle
9. Effectively communicate project expectations to sponsor, team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, and facilitate project management and project status review meetings
10. Develop successful transition, training plans and recognition for resources on the project team
Responsibilities– Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.|
• Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation
• Knowledge of information technology project management principles, concepts and practices
• Knowledge of system development lifecycle used for the development of new systems and enhancements to existing systems
• Knowledge of application programming, database and system design
• Knowledge of XML and data interfaces
• Knowledge of internet and network architecture
• Knowledge of operating principles and information systems hardware and software
• Skill in using project management software
• Skill in developing process models and data flow diagrams
• Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts
• Skill in facilitating meetings of diverse stakeholders
• Ability to develop written business requirements and models
• Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs
• Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals
• Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability
• Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding
• Ability to inspire, motivate, and influence others to achieve individual and collective goals
• Ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner that solve issues and stand the test of time
|Does this job require a criminal background investigation?||This position requires a criminal background investigation|
|EEO/ADA||City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position requires graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus six (6) years of experience in a related field. Do you meet this requirement?
- * If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a Criminal Background Investigation (CBI)?
- * Do you have experience working in a utility environment?
- * Do you have experience working with electric transmission/distribution operations and systems?
- * Do you have experience working with City of Austin purchasing?
- * Do you have experience working with system development lifecycle methodologies?
- * Do you have experience working with an enterprise architecture function?
- * Do you have an active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification?